Sunday, January 6, 2013

Palma de Mallorca


Hey everyone! We have boarded the ship and said Bon Voyage to Barcelona. We miss it already.  Yesterday we walked the streets of Barcelona from La Rambla to the Gothic Quarter.
Today we got to see the island of Palma de Mallorca. Our tapas tour got canceled due to lack of interest (who doesn’t want tapas?!). So, we did the wine tasting and North Coast Tour instead. The tour started with a brief glimpse of the city Palma, we basically just drove by the cathedral (which was once a Turkish mosque) and then headed into the mountains to Valledemossa. This quaint little town is where Michael Douglas bought a house with his ex-wife. They each loved it so much that they amicably split it so that they could each have it 6 months out of the year.  Then- on to the winery! Wine at 11 am is the way to go! They had some fantastic wines; we got to try the Chardonnay and Moscato for the whites and a cabernet and a blend for the red. They also had some amazing flavored sea salt (who knew?).




I had a big case of jet lag and could barely keep my eyes open today. After the excursion I came back and slept for another 4 hours! Hopefully after good night’s sleep tonight we will be on track and ready to go! We have a day at sea and then Malta!

Hope all is well!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Awesome Ashley, I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting in a leather chair relaxing on my lunch break but wishing I was on a ship with you!!

    ReplyDelete